Re: deciding on a new amd64 (laptop) system

Hello.

> >Of course you can get a stupid little Athlon 64 X2 3600+ system from
> >dell for $399CDN at the moment.  Hard to beat that price/performance
> >ratio.  Of course it is a Dell, so who knows... :)
> >

> If you go the Dell route [...]

Certainly not, I had only bad experiences with all-in-one systems.
Dell is probably better than Fujitsu-Siemens but I'd rather have
standard components, for a desktop computer.

But... The budget we have might be enough to also buy a laptop.
Which one(s) would you recommend?  The main requirements are that
- it must be light (the more so, the better); small screen size is not a
  problem as this won't be for watching DVDs...
- it should have a _working_ graphics output (to plug it to a projector);
  some laptops seem to have problems with this, under Linux...
- it must have a supported WIFI chipset.

Thanks,
Gilles