Re: Boot failing with 2.6.21-4

Jack Malmostoso <jackmalmostoso@freesurf.ch> writes:

> With 2.6.20-1 it works fine (I am writing from it), so I'd say it is not
> udev's fault.
>
> Anyone has a hint/can confirm?

Somewhat, but it's with a 32 bit system.

I recently tried using 2.6.20.3, (Linus's version) on some new
hardware with both nVidia and Marvel "raid" boards available so I
needed either sata_nv or stat_mv.  Both drivers failed to find the
attached disks and so the md device could not be built.  Dropping back
to 2.6.19 (again, built from source, upstream version) and the disks
were seen and I could build the raid.

-Brett.