Re: Installing flash plugin

Stephen Cormier wrote:
On May 22, 2007 12:18:04 am José Alburquerque wrote:
Hi.  I recently read the "Plugin" thread started on 5/4/07 that explains
that in order to use the flash plugin the nspluginwrapper can be used.
I was able to install the package because I'm running lenny
(amd64/unstable).

Would someone be able to tell me where I can get the flash plugin from?
I've looked for it and I can't find it.  This is what I'm using as my
apt source.list:

deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ unstable main non-free contrib
deb-src http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ unstable main non-free contrib

deb http://debian-multimedia.dfoell.org unstable main
deb-src http://debian-multimedia.dfoell.org unstable main

Thanks.

You download the plugin from the Adobe website extract the tarball then copy the files (.so and .xpt) to the /usr/lib/plugins/mozilla directory then run the nspluginwrapper -i /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so command to install it. The file I used was install_flash_player_9_linux.tar.gz putting this into Google should come up with it.

Stephen

Oh, I see. No need for a package because package comes directly from adobe. This worked perfectly. Thanks a lot.

-Jose