Re: "Swap area shorter than signature indicates"

On 05/07/2007 10:24 PM, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> That message is what to expect for a raid1 with both devices up and
> running (U = Up)

I kind of knew that, but needed some confirm ;-)

>> Is the swap area working right despite the message above?
>> If so, why do I get that strange message in the logs?
>
> Did you mkswap /dev/md1 or /dev/sda5?

I did it before via sudo but for some reasons it didn't work.

> Try doing swapoff, then make sure free shows no swap space, then use
> mkswap to recreate the swap on /dev/md1 and then swapon again and see if
> it gives a message then.

So, now I tried as superuser and it worked :-)

The log says:

server kernel: Adding 1951736k swap on /dev/md1.
Priority:-1 extents:1 across:1951736k

... and in free I've got the right size for the swap area.

Great!
Thanks a lot, Len! :-)

Greetings,

Matteo