Re: SATA drives not recognized on new install

On Mon, 2007-04-30 at 14:29 -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 29, 2007 at 01:14:10AM -0700, Kenward Vaughan wrote:
> > Thanks to you and Storm66 for your replies.  I just burned and tried
> > Ubuntu, Mepis, and Gentoo, and they all seemed to have no problems.  The
> > working kernel for the debian install was a 2.6.20.
> >
> > Is the sarge image based on 2.6.20 as well?
> >
> > I'll check that link out too.
>
> Sarge is 2.6.8, etch is 2.6.18.  http://kmuto.jp/debian/d-i/ has a
> 2.6.12 based sarge image which has helped many people in the past with
> installing sarge.  Perhaps someone will make a 2.6.20 based etch
> installer similar to the sarge 2.6.12 installer to help out people who
> just have to have the latest and greatest in hardware. :)  I did it
> before for sarge, so who knows maybe at some point I will feel like
> doing it again.
>
> --
> Len Sorensen

Isn't it possible to create one on a usb drive, or from a mount point
from which an ISO image can be generated?  I was thinking of trying to
roll my own kernel, then replace the kernel in the current setup.

Or is this being naive??

Kenward
--
With or without (religion) you would have good people doing good things
and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil