Weired things on Dual-Core AMD64

Hello dear maintainers,

I just got a brandnew notebook with AMD64 X2 cpu. Formerly I had a single core
AMD64 cpu. Running the new one, I dicsovered some new things. Maybe you can
solve this or even explain it.

1. The easy thing: On websides, animated gifs or pictures are running twice as
fast as they should. Maybe this is a konqueror related problem. Does someone
discover this, too ?

2. The one, I am looking for a week now: It is not possible, to get my Atheros
AR5000G card running at startup. The card does never see the accesspoint at
startup. Strange: When the system is up, makling a "/etc/init.d/network
restart" let it work. Where is the difference to the startup sequence ? I
could not find. Any help is preceated.

3. Last there is a wish: Is it possible, to activate the logo at kernel-start
in the stock kernels in the future ? I like those TWO penguins at boot !
Yes, natuarally I could build my own kernel, but it would be nice, if they
would be in the stock kernel, too. I do not see any technical problems with
it, or are there any ?

4. Just a general question, not amd64-related: module-assistant makes a link
to the kernel-headers, not to the kernel-sources itself. I do not quite
understand the differnce between the kernel-headers and the kernel-sources.
Can someone explain the difference between the two ones for me, and what
policy Debian is running ?

Thank you very much for the help.

Best regards

Hans