ram/amd64

Is any experience for 2GB ram modules (ecc,
registered) on the motherboard Tyan S2895 Thunder K8WE
(where installed two dual opterons) ?

The motherboard' manual (both revision 1.00, my own,
and subsequent revision 1.01) is said to support up to
16 GB, though I notice now that there is a small
arterisk for 2GB modules not validated at the time of
printing. No surprise that they could not validate
16GB as they officially support Micrisoft only).

At any event, should the experience be negative, any
suggestion for another mainboard to support 2 dual
opterons and 16GB ram? Preferably from where support
to Linux is given (thus, no Tyan Europe)

Thanks
francesco pietra

Finding fabulous fares is fun.