Tyam m-board/ram/bios/amd64

On a system running amd64 etch, based on

Tyan Thunder K8WE S2895 # D 1629-100, revision 1.00,
PhoenixBIOS version 1.03.2895 date 03/14/06

I am planning to replace the eight ram modules

Kingston KVR400D4R3A/1GB

with 2GB modules, same speed. Since I replaced in
raid1 Maxtor HD with WD Raptor HD, I never had
troubles with the above ram. However, 8GB are not
enough for certain QM/MD calculations. I did a
planning mistake - I need 4GB per node - have now to
pay for, leaving unused the 8 1GB modules.

---1st question: is any comparison for amd64 between
Kingston KVR400D4R3A/2GB
and
Corsair CM75SDS2048RPL-3200/2GB ?
For the latter, easily available here and said by
Corsair compatible with the above mainboard, I was
unable to find volatage and W, which are 2.6V/11W for
the Kingston modules.

---2nd question: I had no troubles with the above
system and therefore never upgraded the bios. Should I
do that, where to get the appropriate bios upgrade,
from Phoenix or Tyan?

Thanks
francesco pietra

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.