Re: gcc-4.0

On Sunday 28 January 2007 21:37, Alan Ianson wrote:
> On Sun January 28 2007 21:03, c wakefield wrote:
> > Greetings all.
> >
> > Can someone point me to an amd64 deb of gcc-4.0?
> >
> > It's not in the standard repository, at least, the binary isn't.
> >
> > I'm compiling the nvidia module on a 2.6.15-1 kernel which requires gcc
> > 4.0
>
> I use the nvidia binaries from non-free in etch and they work well for me.
> If your running sarge 3.4 will be the newest (official) gcc available. I
> had to install that so m-a could built the module for me.
>
> Do you need a newer driver than m-a will build for you?
Hi Alan.

I've heard about problems associated the nvidia binaries, leaving the user
without X and a hosed system.  I think that was the fault of the nVidia
installer, though.

I'm running testing and was wanting to compile a module against my [only]
running kernel:  2.6.15-1-amd64-generic.

module-assistant says that I need gcc-4.0 to compile the nvidia source against
this kernel.

I'm running a asus M2NPV-VM motherboard which has an NFORCE-MCP51 chipset that
is not supported yet, and the 2.6.15-1-amd64-generic debian kernel is the
only one that boots this machine.  Tried 2.6.19.2 of course.

What binaries/amd64 packages are you using?

Thanks,
Chris W.