Re: canon mp150 drivers

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 16:19:13 +0000,
Jo Shields <jms@osc.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

[...]

> Turboprint works, but I've not used it on AMD64

I'm immediately apprehensive of companies that advertise a crippled trial
version, on the condition you provide useful (for them) marketing info,
and that have the following in their license agreement:

,-----[ http://www.turboprint.info/ ]
| Disclaimer
|
| ZEDOnet makes no warranties, either expressed or implied, with
| respect to the program described herein, its quality, performance,
| merchantibility, or fitness for any particular purpose. This program is
| sold "As is". The entire risk as to its quality and performance is with
| the buyer. In no event will ZEDOnet be liable for direct, indirect,
| incidental or consequential damage, or damages resulting from loss of use
| or loss of anticipated profits resulting from any defect in the program
| even if it has been advised of the possiblity of such damage. Some laws do
| not allow for the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties or
| liabilities for incidental or consequential damages, so the above
| limitations or exclusion may not apply.
`-----

no matter how inexpensive their product may be.  In fact, the whole
license agreement is full of jewels like that.  I only give them credit
for honesty and for avoiding the sleazy language typical of Microsoft.

--
Seb