Re: system_crash.

CHRIS WAKEFIELD wrote:
Greetings all.

Had my machine (amdx2) up and running for about 70 days (2.6.16-16), came home today to a
frozen kde.  Rebooted and grub would _NO_ partitions! ...15 or twenty different kernels
between 2 drives. Checked, and they're all there just fine, so I'm reinstalling....

I rememeber a few months ago trying to boot with a freshly compiled kernel and having the
boot freeze umptine times at the scheduler initialization (?)  tried many different
kernel configs, gave up and stuck with the only kernel that'll boot my new machine -
2.6.16-16.

Seems the latest 'debian-testing-amd64-netinst' doesn't use this kernel. My original
image from an install of a year ago stops installing at 'tzdata' (tried 6 times now).

So I'm stuck between a rock and windows here.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Chris W.

What file system were you using? ext3?

--
!!!>> INCLUDE ALL TEXT IN TECHNICAL SUPPORT EMAIL REPLIES!!!!!!!
!!!>>Send in plain-text mode - mail with attached GIFs will be rejected <<<!!!

Misdirection is the key to being a good magician. Magicians tell
you they are doing something while they do something quite
different; much like politicians -- except we can afford magicians.
-KPS