Re: For those who have no sound in their 32bit chroot

Hi Goswin and all the others

> > # ia32 chroot
> > /home           /var/chroot/sid-ia32/home none  bind            0       0
> > /tmp            /var/chroot/sid-ia32/tmp none   bind            0       0
> > proc            /var/chroot/sid-ia32/proc proc  defaults        0       0
> > /dev            /var/chroot/sid-ia32/dev none   bind            0       0
> >
> > Well obviously there's more to it, this is just the relevant part ;)
> >
> > I hope this can help somebody.
> > I have sound in flash and mplayer with no other configuration required:
> > please note I use esd in my gnome desktop, not sure if it's relevant or
> > not.
> >
> > Enjoy!
>
> You are missing /sys and /dev/pts.
>
> MfG
>         Goswin
Now there is one thing I don't understand. I do have sound with the following
entries in fstab (thanks to a hint from Lennart)
# ia32 chroot
/home           /var/chroot/sid-ia32/home none  bind            0       0
/tmp            /var/chroot/sid-ia32/tmp none   bind            0       0
/dev            /var/chroot/sid-ia32/dev none   rbind           0       0
proc            /var/chroot/sid-ia32/proc proc  defaults        0       0
rbind makes a difference
but I have no no mounting to /sys, perhaps I should add that but according to
the debian reference manual it should be done in another way.
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch-tips.en.html#s-chroot
chroot # cd /dev; /sbin/MAKEDEV generic; cd -
   Is this difference documented somewhere or can you explain this? It might
explain why my 32 bit xoscope cannot access the 64 bit comedi lib driver.

Regards
Gudjon