chroot question

I posted this on Debian-user list, but thought someone here might have tried
this already...

I have a amd64 install of debian with a 32bit chroot for a couple of apps.
This works great, but I have a question.

Is it possible to have an application inside the 32bit chroot launch an
application on my main 64 bit system? (e.g. a photo browsing program in the
32bit chroot launching gimp, which is installed in my main 64 bit system).
I currently launch my 32bit programs with schroot and am hoping I can set
something to make specific programs outside the chroot available...

I cannot think of how this can be achieved, so any ideas are welcomed.

Regards,

Anton

--
Anton Piatek