Re: AMD64 show stoppers

On Tue, Jan 16, 2007 at 07:42:29PM -0600, Karl Schmidt wrote:
> Add your show stopper to this thread...
>
> First on the list is the java browser pluging - the black down java
> sort-of-works(tm) (not a Debian package)

What about the Sun plugin that you get when turning a .bin into a Debian
package with java-package?

> Next is flash  - you can sort of workaround it by using switftfox (comes
> with bugs)(not a Debian package)

Let me just say that no flash is a bonus :-)

> But the biggest problem for me is that there isn't a AMD64 nvu package. The
> author abandoned it to work on a replacement package, but in the mean time
> there isn't a good WYSIWYG html editor for web development.  (Sorry, but
> quanta just isn't in the same league and OO makes bloat-code out of clean
> html).

Well, considering that nvu is deprecated and has basically been
abandoned upstream as of 15 September 2006, I'd say that it is best to
look elsewhere.

Regards,

-Roberto