Re: Problem with resolving names with firefox 32 bit

Użytkownik leandro noferini <lnoferin@cybervalley.org> napisał:
>Ciao a tutti,
>
>I have installed a firefox 32 bit on a 64 bit Debian unstable to use the
>flash plugin  but some days  ago I found  a problem because  the browser
>cannot resolve domain names and gives always an error like:
>
>Server not found
>
>Firefox can't find the server at domain.com.
>
>When I start the program from a terminal I get only this error:
>
>ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib32/libpangohack.so.0' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
>
>Other browser like "normal" 64 bit firefox and epiphany works normally.
>
>What should I have to look for?

I had the same problem - I've installed the 64bit version and now am using it
(but I can't use the mplayer-plugin - the browser can't see it... as for flash
plugin - I haven't been using it under the 32bit version).
So it isn't just your's problem - it has to be some bug, but I doubt it is in the browser - I haven't been updating the 32bit firefox for quite a long time.

Tomek