Re: Openoffice

Hi
   Thanks for the answer.
> >    Can anyone explain to me why Openoffice 2.1 is not available for
> > amd64?
>
> it's in experimental. Probably all the maintainers are working to try to
> release etch as soon and not put more difficult thing as openoffice 2.1 in
> sid.
Then I don't understand. On the following page
http://packages.debian.org/experimental/editors/openoffice.org
the only supported architecture is i386 and
$apt-cache policy openoffice.org gives the output
openoffice.org:
  Installed: 2.1-1
  Candidate: 2.1-1
  Version table:
 *** 2.1-1 0
        500 http://mc2-m038.mc2.chalmers.se amd64/ Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     2.0.4.dfsg.2-3 0
        500 http://ftp.se.debian.org unstable/main Packages
     2.0.4.dfsg.2-2 0
        500 http://ftp.se.debian.org testing/main Packages
in my /etc/apt/sources.list there is
deb-src http://ftp.se.debian.org/debian/ experimental main contrib non-free

Version 2.1 was available for i386 before christmas
> ok, thank's. Have you think about not repeat packages that are in
> experimental?
I always remove the packages from my server as soon as they reach the official
distribution.

/Gudjon