problems running fglrx drivers

Hello all,

I am having problems with my ATI video board and fglrx driver, in debian
etch amd64.

I already install the packages fglrx, and make the fglrx kernel module
without errors.

I can start the Xorg environment with xinit or running kde, gnome, etc.

But if I try to go back the virtual consoles (ctrl+alt+[1-6] ) my
machine freezes.

If I click on "shutdown" or "restart" buttons, or if I exec 'shutdown -r
now" at a konsole or gnome-terminal, the machine freezes.
Ati, vesa or vga drivers don't work.

At /var/log/Xorg.0.log, I dont have any errors.

My video board is an ATI Radeon 256MB PCI-E.

Anyone can help me with this?

Best Regards,

--
Eder L. Marques