Re: GoogleEarth and ATI OpenGL...?

On 11/24/06, Christian Hammers <ch@debian.org> wrote:
Hello

Has anybody managed to get GoogleEarth (latest version) running on amd64?
I tried the fglrx drivers from unstable and experimental and both work
according to fglrxinfo and fgl_glgears.

Just if GoogleEarth starts either from amd64 or from inside an i386 chroot
(which had the matching fglrx versions installed), I can see the start logo
and then GoogleEarth freezes. With strace I see very much of those lines at
the end:
        futex(0x819898c, FUTEX_WAKE, 1)         = 0
        futex(0x819898c, FUTEX_WAKE, 1)         = 0
        futex(0x819898c, FUTEX_WAKE, 1)         = 0
        futex(0x819898c, FUTEX_WAKE, 1)         = 0
        futex(0x819898c, FUTEX_WAKE, 1)         = 0

I had this problem for quite a while until I found the advice at:
http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/620003/page/0/fpart/2/vc/1

Basically I found an older version of the driver and grabbed the i386
version of libGL.so and put it in the google-earth directory with all
of the other libraries.  It now seems to work, although I haven't used
it extensively after that.

Good Luck,

Bill