Re: Guile+recompiling

Þann Mánudagur 20 nóvember 2006 19:07 skrifaðir þú:
> Gudjon I. Gudjonsson escribió:
> > Hi
> >    Once more I talk about recompiling programs. I am trying to package
> > the linux-gpib driver for Debian. It supports guile bindings but thefile
> > /usr/lib/libguile.so
> > is not in the amd64 package but if the source package is installed  and
> > compiled on my own computer then it appears. You can search for the file
> > on the debian homepage and see that it exists for x86 but not for amd64.
> > Although I have complained many times about packages that are fixed just
> > by recompiling them but I have still not got any explanation for this
> > behaviour.
> >
> > Regards
> > Gudjon
> >
> > Ps. Thanks to all of you that gave me recommendations for virtual machine
> > on amd64. I will try your ideas out very soon :)
>
> Hi, Gudjon
>
> ~$ apt-file search /usr/lib/libguile.so
> guile-1.6-dev: usr/lib/libguile.so
> guile-1.6-libs: usr/lib/libguile.so.12
> guile-1.6-libs: usr/lib/libguile.so.12.3.1
>
> Was this what you were looking for?
>
> Best Regards,
> Manolo
Thanks Manolo
   I am so sure that I installed the guile-1.6-dev before running ./configure
in the linux-gpib package and it did not find the guile bindings.
   Don't understand it but I assume I made some silly mistake. Anyway,
guile-1.8-dev does not compile on amd64 so I will report a bug on that.
Excuse me for the false error message, I will triplecheck next time :)

Regards
Gudjon