Re: Debian vs Ubuntu for Enterprise Production Servers

On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 09:53 +0800, Marvin T. Pascual wrote:

> I'm not creating a flame war here but I just want to get suggestions
> especially from those who administers enterprise production servers.  I
> am still confused on what to use in the future.  Can you list some pros
> and cons on using either of the two distributions?  Let's base the
> comparison between the Dapper Drake LTS and probably the next stable
> release for Debian which is Etch.  Also, I am more particular with an
> AMD64 architecture.

I use Debian almost exclusively on all the servers I control.
Personally I think it comes to a question of choice.

As Regards AMD64 I am putting up a couple of AMD64 Database servers in a
few months, Etch will probably go on those.

Dapper Drake Im sure might do it as well, but personally, I have no
reason to change away from Debian, never found the need too.

BTW: Etch will probably be more Recent once released than Dapper Drake
(6.06 right?) It was released in June..

... a good chance here to thank the Entire Debian team (Especially the
AMD64 teams..), for an Excellent job
--

with best regards,
Erle Pereira, Systems Consultant