Partial Local Repository

Hello all,

I am planning to create a partial local repository for AMD64 Etch but I
don't know the best tool for this.  I downloaded and tried the
anonftpsync <http://www.debian.org/mirror/anonftpsync> but until now, it
keeps on downloading files.  Any other recommended tool to create a
partial local repository?  I don't want apt-proxy because it requires
the local repository server to have an Internet connection.

Does it make sense that I'm already downloading the packages for Etch
even if it's not yet the stable version?  I'm just preparing Etch
because it will be the next stable version starting next month.  Or
shall I just wait until Etch has been finally released as stable?

Please advise.

Thank you.