Re: AMD64-generic doesn't see all 4GB RAM?

On Mon, 2006-11-06 at 12:08 +0000, John Hannfield wrote:

> I have a dual core Opteron 265 running in a Tyan K8WE (S2877)
> motherboard with
> 4 x 1GB RAM DDR modules. The BIOS displays the RAM as 4094 MB, but
> using
> a fresh install of testing/unstable from the AMD64 etch net-installer,
> I can still only
> see 3.2 GB out of the 4GB RAM...
>
> I am using the amd64-generic kernel that net-install gave me.
> Do I need to be using a different kernel to get the full 4GB RAM?
No, you have to set the right BIOS options if they are available on your
motherboard.

On my motherboard  (Tyan S2885) I had to set the "MTRR mapping" from
continuous to discrete and "Software Memory Hole" from disabled to
enabled.

--
Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld