module rt2570 freezes debian etch

Hi,

since my last upgrade on my etch-machine some days ago, the wlan-module
for my dwl-g122 card always freezes my keyboard, when it tries to get a
IP via dhcp...

It was the package rt2570-source 1.1.0+cvs20060620-3 I tried to use on
my debian-etch machine, running with kernel 2.6.17-2-amd64 and gcc-4.1.

For now I switched back to the source version rt2570-cvs-2006032410 -
this seems to work for now, but I can't monitor it's signal-strength
with wavemon using this version.

The source-package shipped with stable-repository did freeze my keyboard
as well - the version I'm using now seems a lot outdated...

Is anyone here using the same card or module and can give a hint, what's
going wrong?

Thanks for any reply!

sigi.