Re: strange network problem

On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 04:31:35PM -0600, Stephen Olander Waters wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-11-01 at 15:16 -0500, Douglas Tutty wrote:
> > I just thought of something:  those LAN-UDP modules specifically say
> > that they do not work with gigabit ethernet.  (and the switch is a
> > 10/100, not a 10/100/1000).  Even though the Athlon's port is connecting
> > to the 486's 10 Mb/s NIC, could this be an issue?
>
> I agree with the poster before that you should manually set your gigabit
> to 10mbit before loading LAN-UDP or any other network modules. I think
> it's a kernel module parameter.

Clarification: LAN-UDP module referrs to a hardware-addon module to the
surge supressor.

I agree that limiting the gigabit to 10 Mb/s is probably a kernel module
parameter but the forcedeth module is not mentioned in the kernel
documentation that I can see. (rgrep forcedeth .)  I don't see it in any
of the generic networking kernel docs either.

Doug.