Re: System freeze

On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 11:58:28PM +0100, Jean-Michel Pour? wrote:
> Le lundi 30 octobre 2006 ?? 22:14 +0000, Paul Brook a ??crit :
> > This is almost certainly the cause of your problems.
>
> Thanks.
>
> I removed the nvidia proprietary packages
> and configured the free nv driver.
>
> Will get back to you to report if it solves the problem.

I'm the original reporter of bug 379480.
Replacing the nvidia driver did not help my machine, which is still
freezing.  I'm using the framebuffer driver with Debian now, just to
meke sure the problem wasn't caused by proprietary stuff.

  Still have freezes.

The only thing I've found to stop the freezes is to install Ubuntu
dapper drake.  This convinces me that there *is* a solution, but that it
hasn't found its way into Debian.

Wish I knew what it was.

Still, if mv works for you, I'll certainly try it myself.  There's been
a lot of development sonce I first encountered the problem.

-- hendrik