Jabref with sun-java5-jre

Hi everybody,

Are any of you successfully using Jabref (bibtex file editor) in AMD64?
I had sun-java5-jre installed, and Jabref has this in its Depends:

Depends: sun-java5-jre | j2re1.4 | j2re1.5 | sun-j2sdk1.5

Both of them installed without any problems, but when trying to run
Jabref, I get:

---<---------------cut here---------------start-------------->---
Unable to create graphical interface.
Importing in unknown format:
Error opening file ''

It seems to be a message from java, but googling for the first line of
text, I get a meager 2 hits, none related to Debian or Jabref.

I tried installing the package in my 32-bit chroot, and it runs fine from
there, but I'd prefer to run in the main AMD64 system.

Any clues welcome, and apologies if this is a bit off-topic.

Cheers,

--
Seb