Re: How many CD for install debian on amd64+nvidia ? [sarge]

On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 11:56:30AM +0200, P|pex wrote:
> Hi
> I need to install AMD64 machine by CDs, because "my
> friends" not have a internet connection (no phone
> line).
>
> how many CD I must download?

I suppose it depends on what packages they need.  You need at least the
first full CD (note that neither the business-card nor netinst will work
fully without internet access).

If __your__ bandwidth isn't limited, you could just download and burn
the DVD version (if their computer can read DVD).

What I don't know (and am interested in the answer) is how security and
other updates happen via CD.

There is a package related to this I think called apt-zip for similar
situations where one is installing/upgrading via zip-disk sneaker-net,
whereby the program on the target computer makes a list of packages
required and the program on the source computer makes a mini-mirror
layout on the zip disk.

Good luck.

Doug.