playing flv on chroot, repos of capable mplayer?

Hi, I want to know if someone has a repository to download mplayer with
support to play .vlf , showmedo and youtube convert the videos to this
format, and I want to download and play locally, does anyone has managed
to download and play with mplayer or some other tool?

My mplayer is
MPlayer dev-CVS--4.0.3 (C) 2000-2005 MPlayer Team

And shows this error:
mplayer: could not connect to socket
mplayer: No such file or directory

I can play .mov and other files, but not the .flv

Thanks in advance.

--
Recomiendo el wiki de SLEC para compartir conocimientos
http://wiki.slec.net