Re: when will nvidai-glx and nvidia-kernel-source hit etch? {Scanned} {Scanned} {Scanned}

On (24/10/06 09:13), Henry Hollenberg wrote:
> Jo Shields wrote:
> >There's no such (binary) package.
> >
> >nvidia-kernel-common: Init scripts needed by Nvidia.
>
> I've compiled the 2.6.17 kernel using the .config file that
> came with 2.6.17-2-amd64 which seemed to go OK.
>
> But all that gives me is an identical kernel and identical modules
> as the precompiled ones that were already installed.
<snip>

I know you're running etch but this post may help:

On (26/09/06 11:46), Wackojacko wrote:
> I run nvidia graphics drivers on my AMD64 3200+, in both 64 bit and 32
> bit sid, so they definitely work.
>
> Here's what I do.
>
> ~apt-get install module-assistant nvidia-kernel-source
> ~m-a prepare (sudo or root)
> ~m-a a-i nvidia (sudo or root)
> ~dpkg -i /usr/src/nvidia-kernel-moduleXXXXX.deb (sudo or root)
> ~apt-get install nvidia-glx (sudo or root)
>
> Restart X.

I'm also running sid and this has worked for me twice (the second time
after a kernel upgrade, the first when 'nv' module stopped working)

If this doesn't work from the etch repositories, you could use sid just
to upgrade your kernel and the nvidia stuff.

YMMV

Regards

Clive

--