Re: shkeys or similar ?

On Tuesday 24 October 2006 13:07, Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I am lookingh for a special program called "shkeys". Maybe it is too old,
> as it is gone. This little fine program did tjhings like this:
>
> - You did press a key, then it read out your scancode.
> - then it asked you, which command you want to bind with.
> - when finished, you defined a new hotkey.
>

> This program ran under X.
>
> I know, there shall be a new program, which does have the same
> functions/features, but I cannot remember any more which one it is.

Try XBindKeys. Don't forget to install the xbindkeys-config utility as well.
(unless you don't want to install a GTK1 app, in which case you can only get
the base package and configure it through ~/.xbindkeysrc).

Gnome and KDE have their own built-in keyboard shortcut systems, but i think
this one is far more flexible.

BTW, this is not AMD64 related, is it ..?

Dimitris