shkeys or similar ?

Hi folks,

I am lookingh for a special program called "shkeys". Maybe it is too old, as
it is gone. This little fine program did tjhings like this:

- You did press a key, then it read out your scancode.
- then it asked you, which command you want to bind with.
- when finished, you defined a new hotkey.

This program ran under X.

I know, there shall be a new program, which does have the same
functions/features, but I cannot remember any more which one it is.

If someone knows, I would be pleased, if he could tell me.

Thanks in advance !

Best regards

Hans