Re: nvidia rivafb problems

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 10:12:50 +0100,
Jo Shields <jms@osc.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

[...]

> Stop, stop, stop.

ok ok :-)

> This is caused by a silly nvidia-kernel-source bug that has been
> resolutely ignored for over a year.

> "cat /proc/version" and ensure you have the correct version of GCC
> installed - e.g. if your kernel was compiled with GCC 4.0, ensure you
> have gcc-4.0

> See http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=319544

Thanks a lot for pointing this out.  Since this was rather urgent on a
Sunday, what ended up saving my day was the newer 2.6.18-1-amd64 actually
available from Debian.  After upgrading to that kernel, module-assistant
took care of the rest.  But good to know about that bug in case I
encounter this problem again.

Thanks to all the Debian nVidia pros!

--
Seb