Re: nvidia rivafb problems

Le 22.10.2006 17:09:35, Seb a écrit :
Hi,

I installed the latest Debian testing in a new AMD64 (dual core
processor).  So I chose the kernel 2.6.16-2-amd64-k8-smp during the
install process.  There was nothing that looked like rivafb module was
going to be activated with this kernel during installation.  So I was
surprised when I did "m-a prepare && m-a a-i nvidia" and the process
stopped with a message telling me that my kernel had rivafb module
compiled with it.  However "lsmod | grep 'rivafb'" returns nothing,
which
I think means rivafb is at least not loaded, if not absent from my
kernel.  Everything I've googled turns up suggestions to recompile the
kernel without rivafb activated.  What's the Debian solution for this?
Thanks in advance.

This is probably because the device is compiled IN the kernel and not as a loadable module.

Try zgrep NVIDIA /proc/config.gz

Regards

Jean-Luc