Re: AMD64 Jigdo download

On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 04:38:14PM +0100, Paul Tansom wrote:

> I need to update my ISO in order to install onto a new motherboard that
> has a nVidia nForce 430 chipset on it. I am hoping that the info on the
> nVidia site is accurate in that they are now in the kernel tree
> (including for AMD64!) so that I can manage the install (the main issue
> is that I need to install onto RAID, so need the sata-nv driver
> available at install time (I can work around the lack of the NIC drivers
> as I have a second NIC installed).

I don't know anything about the amd64 Sarge stuff.  However, I would
guess that " in the kernel tree" doesn't mean in Sarge.  I would suggest
the daily-build of Etch, for amd64 if that's what you're using.

I'm installing on a MB with nVidia nForce 570 and everything is detected
automatically no problems, including the two GB-LAN ports.  I'm
installing onto raid1 with LVM, again no problem with the installer.
I'm using the USB stick boot method with the business-card iso on it.

Good luck.

Doug.