Re: MB Asus M2N32 SLI Deluxe WiFi Edition and Dedian/GNU

On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 12:39:01PM +0200, Thierry Chatelet wrote:
> Well, thanks all for your answers. My main concern was about the 2 lans
> and the wifi ship. Sound is not an issue, would still be nice to have it
> working, but as long as the rest is working, it's OK.

Well most nforce ethernet chips have ended up working rather quickly. I
am not sure which one is on that board.

According to nvidia forcedeth version 0.56 should work with all current
nvidia chipsets.  The version in 2.6.16 is 0.49, 0.56 was added in
2.6.18, and I think 0.54 was added in 2.6.17.  0.56 added support for
the MCP6x series by the looks of it.

The wifi probably won't work unless they happend to pick one of the few
that actually has linux support (ndiswrappers don't count in my opinion
since they break too often and are a real pain in the @$$ to get
working).  I wouldn't get my hopes up.  Unfortunately asus doesn't tell
you waht type of wireless chip they use, other than the interface to it
is usb based.