Re: Debian 64 freezes

Hi,

I'm using an asus a7tc and it freezes also many times per day. Have you tried to compile your own kernel ? When i make big compilations, i have gcc errors due to "internal error". I have made 3 memtest 86+(during 5 hours, 15 hours and 18 hours). And it found nothing each time. I found a potential discovery when compiling wine : an .o gave me an error because it contained a link to a "wane" functions and not a "wine" function. So it seems that the memory motherboard controller change bytes randomly. But I have tried also a debian 32 bits and a gentoo 64 bits and the problem is still here, so it is certainly indenpendant from debian 64. I have contacted a guy who has also an a7tc (with a suse) and it seems that is hasn't any problem. I have changed the RAM amount (2*1GB) from initially and he didn't (2*512MB). Have you also modified you RAM (Physically, not the settings) ?

Christophe

pietia .moo a écrit :
hi.
I'm trying to use Debian on my Asus laptop (a6tc, Turion x2 64 bits). Few times every day my Debian freezes. I can make mouse's pointer tochnge position, but i cant do anything :/ ctrl+alt+1 does not work.
I was trying to use nosmp, noacpi, nolapic - still is bad :/
Pietia