libmotif3

On reinstall (debian etch), my molecular modeling application requests

libXm.so.3

to run , while I was only able to find (as binary)

libmotif3

for stable (not for testing or unstable).

Well, a trial installation of that libmotif3 for sarge (dpkg ...) was not
accepted by the molecular modeling application (Error while loading shared
libraries: libXm.so.3: not found)

$locate libXm.so
reported
warning, database '/var/cache/locatedb' is more than 8 days old
/usr/lib/libXm.so.2
/usr/lib/libXm.so.2.0.1

while the expected
/usr/X11R6/lib/libXm.so.3
was not shown.

#apt-cache policy libmotif3
reported
Installed (and candidate) 2.2.3-1
Version table *** 2.2.3-1

(on previous running installation I had version 2.2.3-1.3 and also the
installation /usr/X11R6/lib/libXm.so.3)

I have noticed some problem for etch as far as OpenMotif is concerned, though
I must confess I am confused. Graphics for all scientific chemical
application is based on OpenMotif, so that I am really in troubles.

Thanks a lot for suggestions.

Cheers
francesco Pietra applications are