Re: nvidia repository

On Fri, Oct 13, 2006 at 10:41:21AM +0200, HXC wrote:
> Alexander Samad wrote:
> >On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 08:55:02PM +0200, HXC wrote:
<...snip...>

> >Hi
> >
> >already go those. I should i kno how to build the modules against the
> >kernel, I just thought I had seen somebody put a location to a
> >respository that had them prebuilt
> >
> Ok, then you are almost there  :-) Here's how I did it:
>
> 1 # aptitude install nvidia-kernel-source
> 2 Read the Readme in /usr/share/doc/nvidia-kernel-source
> 3 # aptitude install module-assistant
> 4 # module-assistant auto-install nvidia

Hi

Thanks, yeah I have built the modules before, infact I already have it
installed. I was just feeling a bit lazy and wanted to put some lines
into my sources.lst and just upgrade the next time I want to change
linux-image, instead of having to download new headers and the nvidia
modules, build a new deb and then re - install.

I had thought I had seen an email earlier maybe 2-3 months ago wear
somebody had either automated the build process or did it by hand and
placed the results into a public facing repository.  Looks like I was
mistaken. Thats cool

Thanks to every that helped

Alex