Re: Does vlc work for anybody?

Manolo Díaz wrote:
HXC wrote:

Manolo Díaz wrote:

Gudjon I. Gudjonsson wrote:

Hi Manolo
   It does not work for me and fails with the same error messages so I guess
it's a bug.

/Gudjon

Þann Föstudagur 13 október 2006 14:10 skrifaði Manolo Díaz:

Hi all,
	When I try to use vlc (0.8.6-svn20061008.debian-1, unstable) the main
window is shown but, when I choose the media to reproduce (no matter
whether it's a file or a dvd) it crashes with:

VLC media player 0.8.6 Janus
X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  2 (X_ChangeWindowAttributes)
  Resource id in failed request:  0xffffffff
  Serial number of failed request:  18

Well, to not send noise to the maintainer, I would like to be assure that
is a real bug and not a misconfiguration. Have you had problems with vlc?

Best Regards,
Manolo.

Thanks, Gudjon

	I've found that the bug was yet reported against libvlc0 with important
severity as you can see:

Regards,
Manolo

VLC works perfect here

Hi,
	could tell us which version of vlc are you using, please? It's been said that
0.8.6-svn20061001.debian-4 works fine but 0.8.6-svn20061008.debian-1 is buggy.
Could you confirm this?

Regards,
Manolo

Offcourse! Here goes: