Re: i386 or amd64?

Sorry for the off-list post.

On Sun, Oct 08, 2006 at 01:11:08PM +0000, Edward Guldemond wrote:
> On 2006-10-08, dtutty@porchlight.ca <dtutty@porchlight.ca> wrote:
> > Other than non-free stuff like flash and openoffice,
> > is there anything in the main section of i386 that isn't in the main
> > section of AMD64?
>
> There is one package that I can think of that I use regularly.  The
> first is Wine, although apparently a 64-bit package can be built[1].

The only things I have that use non-linux are a few things for Win 3.1
(a Canadian Encyclopedia that I'll try accessing from linux), and a few
games, including Harpoon.  However, at this point, I'm not worried about
it.  I have a full dos/win setup on zip disk with a floppy boot that
works adequetly.  Later, I'll see what the options are (dosmu?).

Once I migrate to a new backup medium to replace the zip (attached
either via eSATA or USB or Firewire), it will free up an IDE spot that
could be used for this too.

Thanks,

Doug.