Re: Fail to detect the Cd-Rw

On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 05:25:44PM -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> > I tried to install the AMD64 OS version, on my PC, the boot worked
> > fine, but when installer should Detect and Mount the cdrom, failed
> > to detect any.
[snip]
> The 2.6.8 kernel is rather old and doesn't support hardware released
> after it was (that means any new hardware made in the last 18 months).
> Try either getting one of the newer unofficial sarge installers (such
> as the one from http://kmuto.jp/debian/d-i/) or install Etch(testing)
> instead which officially has amd64 support from debian.

The OP fails to mention what version is to be installed or whether the
optical units themselves aren't detected or the media isn't detected.

But I have seen a similar problem when I installed my amd64 a half year
ago, the D-I Etch installer failed to find its own media. However after
having the installer verify the media it miraculously found the CD and
was happy to install from it.

--

 When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

   Daniel Tryba