Re: fglrx-driver still slow

Le 27.09.2006 11:27:53, Jo Shields a écrit :
Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) wrote:
I've a Radeon 9250
It is supported with free drivers and fglrx

I tried both

With fglrx if I enable the Composite extension, I've a message as it disable dri. Without dri, it is slow, with dri I've slightly better performances than with free driver... but I miss composite.

Regards

Jean-Luc

So get an NVidia? The non-free driver supports GLX and Composite together.

I bought the 9250 :
1 - because there are free drivers
2 - because it has no fan

With free drivers, I've Composite and OpenGL, I just would try if I can get more with fglrx.

Jean-Luc