Re: automount and etc/fstab

sigi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> since I reinstalled my system, I'm wondering, why my second hdd is
> always mounted automatically after each new boot.
>
> My /etc/fstab shows for this two partitions on this disk the following
> entries:
>
> /dev/hdb3       /daten1          ext3    noauto,rw,user  0       2
> /dev/hdb1       /daten2          ext3    noauto,rw,user  0       2
>
> I thought, that this entries should prevent the automount - and I
> think, this worked before.
>
> Can anyone give me a hint, which other package manages the mount-options
> during boot-time? In the past it was everytime enough to edit
> /etc/fstab ...
>

> Thanks for help,
> sigi.

Greetings:

Gnome has an auto-mounter that works with the hotplug system to pick up
and mount CDs, USB-Sticks, and the like.  Perhaps that is picking up the
drive and mounting it for you.  It picks up my /dev/sdc and mounts it
without any intervention on the part of my /etc/fstab file.

Good luck.

-Scott