Re: [Mpqc-users] reiserfs/md1/failure/threads

First I checked the HDs, reseeding dimms. OK.

Then, because reiserfs 3.6 of my choice was unanimously considered
inappropriate for amd64, I reinstalled amd64 Deabian etch with daily-build
netinstall: primary partitions for boot,  root, and swap, alongside logical
partitions /usr, /var, tmp, /home, ext3 throughout.

Finally I run memtest86+ v1.65 booting it from CD as it is, without
intervening on BIOS. With option "ECC OFF" for nearly eight hours (two full
passes and a quarter) no memory error was detected.

Then I discovered that Ctrl-c allows setting memtest86+ "ECC ON" while
running. The test is now at merely 18% without errors.

The reason for e-mail now is to ask if this is a correct procedure with
memtest86+ for my eigth slots of Kingston ECC , 1GB each. I looked on
internet but it was not clear.

At any event, calculations with mpqc with Thread will probably be a more
stringent test than present one.

Thanks for advice on for-last paragraph.

francesco