installation amd64 failed

At boot after netinstall amd64 etch from Official Snapshot of yesterday (two
dual opterons, raid1) Mirror Sunsite, Germany:

Booting 'Debian GNU/Linux, kernel 2.6.15-1-amd64-generic'

root (hd 0,0)

Filesystem type is ext2fs, partition type 0xfd

kernel (that above) root=/dev/md5 ro

Error 15: File not found

Option c allows to get
grub>  (grub0-install hd0, v 0.97)

Option e presents alternatives but does not work.
I am pretty sure to have selected ext3. Is the error to have chosen md5
instead of md1 for root?

At any event I believe to have to re-do everything. From the older (3 June,
beta 2) installer?

Thanks for avdice

francesco pietra