Re: AMD64 + nvraid installation

On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 02:13:42PM +0200, Jan De Luyck wrote:
> Just a short question: I'm getting an AMD64 system delivered soon, and I'd
> like to make use of the nvidia 'softraid' that comes with it (I need it in
> both OS' that will run on the box).
>
> I haven't really found much documentation on this: is this supported from the
> debian installer on amd64? Or is it manual work?

It might be possible with dmraid.  Debian does not to my knowledge
support dmraid in the installer at this time.  You might be able to
install on another HD, build the needed modules/kernel/etc, and then
setup the dmraid on the nvidia raid, and copy the install to there and
make it work.  But there is no easy solution at this time.

I personally don't trust fake raids much, and since I don't dual boot, I
don't have an issue with it.  I also like my raid to be independant of
my motherboard.