Re: AMD64 + nvraid installation

Erik Mouw wrote:
On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 02:05:50PM +0100, Jo Shields wrote:
Just a short question: I'm getting an AMD64 system delivered soon, and I'd like to make use of the nvidia 'softraid' that comes with it (I need it in both OS' that will run on the box).

I haven't really found much documentation on this: is this supported
>from the debian installer on amd64? Or is it manual work?
Works with mini.iso -- I installed jfs/lvm/raid with the main system on jfs/raid
Using the NVidia fakeraid support, such that Windows is also happy to see the drives as RAIDed and boot from them? (as opposed to by using MD)

Just use dmraid, it's a layer on top of MD that is able to read the
proprietary fakeraid configs and make a workable MD device from it.

See http://people.redhat.com/~heinzm/sw/dmraid/ and
http://linux-ata.org/faq-sata-raid.html .

So the answer to the original poster's question "is this supported from the debian installer on amd64?" is no, then?