Re: libacml.a

On Friday 30 June 2006 12:15, Giacomo Mulas wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Jun 2006, Jo Shields wrote:
> > Bear in mind, however, that the Gaussian license does not allow
> > comparisons with other software, which can lead to your license being
> > revoked for your entire site. See bannedbygaussian.org
>
> Yes, I know. I never do such comparisons in the papers I publish, but I do
> them "privately" to choose the best tool for each job. Therefore, I am
> interested in results obtained with other packages such as mpqc. While
> Gaussian is usually very good,

Giacomo, please be consistent. How do you know that, if you can not compare?
At the best, you are limited to checking agreement between quantum mechanical
calculations and experimental results. What about predictions where the
experiment can not be done? I thought that "Ipse dixit" was long dead. No, in
my opinion, that is a name of software that should not appear on this list. I
am considering to withdraw my name from the publication, if a find the way to
explain to the editor my reasons. I must avoid to damage my colleagues with a
withdrawl that may sound suspicious to the editor.
francesco