Re: python2.4 insanity

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006, Fielder George Dowding wrote:

I attempted to update my HP Pavilion zv6000 series laptop (amd64)
running sid (unstable all the way!). I get a really strange error with
python2.4; it won't install and it won't remove (argh!).

Python in sid is undergoing a very big transition, it appears, and some
things are still broken, especially in terms of lots of messed up
dependencies and conflicts. Hopefully things will get back to normal as the
transition completes, all packages depending on python packages are rebuilt
with fixed dependencies etc.. Debian unstable is, usually, very stable, but
sometimes lives up to its name :)

Bye
Giacomo

Giacomo Mulas <gmulas@ca.astro.it>

OSSERVATORIO ASTRONOMICO DI CAGLIARI
Str. 54, Loc. Poggio dei Pini * 09012 Capoterra (CA)

Tel. (OAC): +39 070 71180 248     Fax : +39 070 71180 222
Tel. (UNICA): +39 070 675 4916

"When the storms are raging around you, stay right where you are"
                         (Freddy Mercury)

Il messaggio e' stato analizzato alla ricerca di virus o
contenuti pericolosi da MailScanner, ed e'
risultato non infetto.