dselect wants to remove stuff that I don't want it to remove!

Help.  I ran deselect and used SELECT to set ssh to "install" and when I selected INSTALL it told me that it wanted to REMOVE several packages that I need and did not want to uninstall.  When I canceled the INSTALL and went back to SELECT to look at the packages it said it was going to remove they were labeled as ***, three stars like: "Don't remove"  What's going on here?  Anyone know?

Thanks,
-Greg